Tuesday, June 11, 2019

A Life Changed by the Power of God


I met Joshua a few months ago. He has an undeniable desire to serve God and not his old life. When he shared his story with me, I was moved by where he had been and where is now. I believe God is going to use his life to help others who struggle with alcohol and drugs. 

I’ve accepted Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior. I’m 26 years old, and I grew up in the Town of Greece. I graduated from Greece Athena in 2010, and up until this year, I’ve been my own worst enemy. I used drugs to self-medicate due to personal issues and hanging out with the wrong crowd per se. As I turned 18 and went to college at MCC, all I really learned was how to drink and socialize with people. I never did give time to the King of Kings, Jesus Christ. As I became older, I got into legal trouble due to marijuana and served time in our local jail for six months; I got out the Sunday before Easter and returned to my old habits after Easter Sunday last year. Thank God, for this New Year and all of the people that showed their love to me.  My best friend invited me to Covenant Life Church. Everything has been uphill since then. I’m now joyful, confident, and I know that Jesus Christ has risen in me. Hallelujah. Amen. Thank you all for listening to a short version of my life. God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment